About the meeting
The 2014 summer meeting at the Haus der Astronomy in Heidelberg from 23rd-26th June 2014 will be the first joint science conference between Heidelberg and Harvard. The conference will gather experts in star formation and visualization from:
- Harvard University including the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA)
- The Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (MPIA),
- The University of Heidelberg
- The Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies (HITS)
- The Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics (MPE)
as well as invited external experts. The focus of the workshop will be on star formation within our Galaxy, as well as visualization tools and techniques that have or can be used in studies of star formation. The scientific scope of the workshop covers studies of star formation from the smallest scales to Milky-Way-scale star formation, and from the initial conditions for star formation to the end of the main accretion phase.
Apply now to participate!
This workshop is partially supported by the SFB 881 program - The Milky Way System.