Equal opportunity policies are vital instruments for human resources development at the MPIA. Equal opportunity as a human resources development concept is firmly established at the MPIA. The goal is not only to provide outstanding research conditions, but also to create an environment that attracts and retains the best women and men for new, challenging tasks at both a national and an international level. At the same time the MPIA seeks to increase the number of women in management positions.
The equal opportunity policies at the MPIA represent a practical contribution towards creating a working environment that meets the needs of different life situations of its female and male employees. Furthermore, equal opportunity policies are an integral part of the guiding principles of the MPIA in which all employees, regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic origin, social origin, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation and identity receive the same respect and enjoy the same opportunities.
Equal opportunity measures at the MPIA
- Equal opportunity representative
The equal opportunity representatives at the MPIA are involved in all issues that affect equality between men and women in the workplace and are available to serve as contact persons to the employees ... more
Mentoring is a successful instrument for supporting young scientific professionals. Internal institute advisory services and MPG-wide networks are available to MPIA scientists ... more
- Better compatibility of work and family
Providing support to female scientists during their family and career planning phase is an important building block towards improving equal opportunity. There are numerous offers at the MPIA that are specifically intended to help reconcile professional work demands with family obligations ... more
- Guidelines for applications
Our internal institution guidelines were developed to prevent discrimination in the application process. They contain concrete rules that are aimed at preventing discrimination or unwitting wrongdoing ("unconscious bias").
- Works agreement concerning cooperative behavior at the MPIA
The works agreement concerning cooperative behavior at the MPIA contains a commitment to fair and respectful interaction with each other in all areas and at all levels of cooperation at the institute.
Support programs and career development for female scientists
- Brigitte Schlieben-Lange-Programme
- Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard
- Gleichstellungskommission der Fakultät für Physik und Astronomie der Universität Heidelberg
- Gleichstellungsbüro der Universität Heidelberg
- Overview: www.pakt-fuer-forschung.de/index.php?id=299
- Minerva FemmeNet/ Minerva Fast Track
- Career promotion: The MPS offers selected female scientists (postdocs) the opportunity to take part in the seminar program "Sign up! Careerbuilding"