To MPIA by car
Getting directions from Google maps
Follow this link (Google Maps)
To the Königstuhl and MPIA from Heidelberg
- Once at Bismarckplatz, which is considered the centre of town, follow signs direction »Schloß« (castle).
- NOTE: The castle is represented by its symbol which is its silhouette. No other notations usually accompany this symbol.
- Then, follow the signs »Königstuhl«.
- At the junction at the top of the hill, please follow the sign »Max-Planck-Institut für Astronomie«. Turn left.
- Stay on the main road and follow sign »Max-Planck-Institut für Astronomie« on the left.
- After about 100m turn right and follow the access road to the MPIA. The MPIA gate is open on working days from 6:30h to 18:45h.
To the Königstuhl and MPIA from Leimen
- Drive from the centre of Leimen in the direction of Gaiberg.
- Turn left at the traffic lights outside Gaiberg towards »Königstuhl«.
- After approximately 3 km follow the signs »Max-Planck-Institut für Astronomie«
Map of the institute locations, surroundings, and preferred route from downtown Heidelberg
PDF version of the map (288 kB) for download