Welcome to our online registration webpage for applications!
Registration at our webpage is
of the application procedures.
This is the application webpage for the IMPRS for Astronomy and Cosmic Physics in
Heidelberg. If you are interested to apply also to the other IMPRS schools
on astronomy in Germany, you have to apply separately to them following the
instructions on their webpage.
We require all applicants to register electronically at our IMPRS-HD webpage
uploading their application material to the Max Planck online application server.
The weblink is
For applicants who also apply at the HGSFP graduate school of Heidelberg University:
IMPRS-HD is an independent part of the HGSFP.
This IMPRS-HD application form is equivalent to the application form of HGSFP.
However, the IMPRS form asks you for some additional specific astronomy/astrophysics-related input,
which we think is important for the evaluation of your application.
Thus, please, specify your interest in astronomcal / astrophysical research below.
All astronomy/astrophysics applications at IMPRS-HD and HGSFP will be evaluated by
the same IMPRS-HD evaluation committee.
Please, carefully fill in the following online form, considering our instructions:
1) NEVER use quote (') or double quotes characters (")
in any part of the text which would conflict with the SQL script.
2) Do only use the standard character set
(i.e. no ö, ä, ò, ø, æ, å etc).
3) Fields marked with * are mandatory to complete.
4) Respect the space limit for the text boxes
5) Finally, please confirm your input and proceed to the preview page.
6) Check your input on the preview page and submit.
7) Receive the pdf application form and continue to Step 2:: of the application procedure.