Admission at IMPRS-HD
Admission at Heidelberg University
If you have applied to IMPRS or the Graduate School HGSFP and are accepted as a IMPRS fellow, that implies 1) that your application material has been evaluated already and 2) that registration at the Faculty has to be done at the secretariat of HGSFP. This is located in the same corridor as the Faculty's secretariat:
Im Neuenheimer Feld 226, room 02.304
2) your Master's and Bachelor's degree certificates, or equiv. (original + copy)
3) transcripts (original + copy)
4) Master's thesis (original + copy)
5) English abstract of thesis (if thesis is not written in German or English)
6) Photograph (passport sized)
If your documents are not issued in German and English language, you may need certified translations of your documents.
The Dean will sign your application (within about a week). The HGSFP secretariat will then contact you and you could pick up all documents for registration at Heidelberg University.
Registration at the university takes place at the central administration building
downtown Heidelberg (close to "Universitaetsplatz"): Seminarstr. 2, 69117 Heidelberg.
If you are of non-German citizenship you have to go to the
As a German you should go to the main registration office. The latter is just right from
the main entrance, the other is located at the end of the corridor if you go left at the
main entrance. Note that there are no deadlines for Ph.D. students, as they may register
at any time during the year.
When you go there please take with you:
2) a certificate of your health insurance (the insurance companies have special student certificates, ask them)
3) your school leaving exam certificate (if available)
4) a photograph
5) about 106.50 Euro (as of 2011) to pay your registration fee
6) your passport
When you are registered at university and have received your student ID card, you may go and buy your "semester ticket" (133,50 Euro as of 2011) for public transport in the Heidelberg area and use all university services (refectories, accommodation service etc.).