Job Code: 370
Job offer from November 15, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (MPIA) is one of the world's leading astrophysical research institutes with about 320 employees. To strengthen our IT department, we are looking as soon as possible for an IT-Engineer (m/f/d) with focus on Operations (reference number 370).
The position is limited to three years. An extension is being sought.
- Planning, implementation and documentation of complex IT projects in the area of IT infrastructure, server, administration and data center.
- Design, planning and commissioning of the new network which forms the backbone of the network infrastructure, the network segmentation and the firewall at the perimeter, the new WLAN infrastructure at the campus as well as the new virtual infrastructure.
- Completed graduate scientific education Minimum requirement Master's degree in computer science, physics, or equivalent graduate science education.
- Ability to envision fundamental upgrades and foresee related challenges in the network infrastructure.
- Several years of hands-on experience on (esp. HPe Aruba), segmentation, VLAN, routing, switching, Firewall (esp. Fortigate, pfsense) at the perimeter and for internal segmentation.
- Expertise in network realisation and operations
- Sound understanding of IT security, especially in the network area
- Knowledge of virtual infrastructures (esp. VMware, vxRail) and/or in large storage systems (esp. Netapp, Dell EMC)
- Good grasp of incident and problem management
- Documentation of projects until handover to the operations group
- Profound knowledge of automated tools for installation, configuration and administration of heterogeneous computer environments
- Sound knowledge of Linux
- Conceptual and cross-functional thinking, organizational skills, eye for the essentials in research for results-oriented implementation of goals in the IT service group area
- You also convince us as a stress-resistent team player with a strong service mentality, the ability to work in a team and independently.
- Good communication skills in English
- Varied and responsible tasks in a dynamic international environment
- Extensive on-the-job training, good training and continuing education opportunities
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD Bund) up to EG 13
- Social benefits are provided comparable to the public sector, including a company pension plan.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women are therefore explicitly encouraged to apply. A good work-life balance is an important concern for us at the Institute. We offer our employees flexible working hours and provide support in finding suitable childcare facilities. The Max Planck Society has set itself the goal of employing moreseverely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled persons are expressly encouraged. If you have any questions about equal opportunities, please contact the Equal Opportunity Officer (email@example.com), or Ralf Launhardt (firstname.lastname@example.org) on the subject of severe disabilities. If we have aroused your interest, please apply exclusively online at the following link: online application.
Application deadline: January, 6, 2024
If you have any questions regarding the job offer, please contact the head of the IT department, Dr. Marc Hemberger (email@example.com).