Gender Equality Officer
The MPIA’s Gender Equality Officers promote and monitor equal opportunity for all MPIA employees, regardless of gender.
Their role includes:
- overseeing the application process and hiring of new employees,
- organising workshops/seminars to encourage diversity, equality and acceptance
- promoting the compatibility of career and family
- providing support in cases of sexual harassment
- actively engaging in organisational decisions and social measures at the MPIA.
The Central Gender Equality Officer
supports the Max Planck Society in the implementation and advancement of its Gender Equality objectives.
- She advises the different internal target groups (the individual institutes, management, sections and local gender equality officers) in all matters relating to Gender Equality. In this regard, she is a permanent guest of the different central governing bodies of the Max Planck Society.
- She initiates Gender Equality measures and projects.
- She supports the Gender Equality Officers in the Institutes, Facilities and Sections through the provision of information and trainings, as well as through the negotiation of the role, rights and obligations of the officers with decision-makers and governing bodies.
- She supports the internal and external communication regarding Gender Equality and represents the Max Planck Society externally in such matters.