ESO/MPG 2.2m telescope (La Silla)
The 2.2m-telescope on La Silla is a twin of the 2.2m-telescope on Calar Alto. A new agreement between MPIA and ESO is in place, and regulates access to the telescope during the October 1, 2022 - September 30, 2028, period. The GROND group can trigger up to 10% of the time with over-write status during this time.
General information about the MPG 2.2m telescope on La Silla is available via the ESO/MPG 2.2m webpage. Queries about the telescope/instruments should be sent to Roland Gredel at the email address gredel at mpia.de. The instruments available are
- Wide-Field Imager
- FEROS and
Users of GROND please see GROND description and preparation of GROND OBs. MPIA observers and PIs please see information for PIs and service observers from MPIA. Director's Discretionary Time (DDT) is available during MPIA observing blocks. Observing programmes scheduled during MPIA may be interrupted by GROND/ToO triggers from the GROND group at the MPE, unless otherwise flagged in the observing schedule. Please see rules for ToO interrupts at the 2.2m telescope.
Call for Proposals (CfP)
Proposals are solicited for MPIA guaranteed time observations. The deadline for submission in April 30, 2023. Please use the LaTeX style file and the template for the preparation of your proposal, and submit your proposal (pdf file) to the email address proposal at mpia dot de. All other correspondence related to your proposal should be directed to Roland Gredel (gredel at mpia dot de).
P100 (2018 - 2023)
- P100: Oct 2017 - Mar 2018 69.62 kB
- P101: Apr 2018 - Sep 2018 37.94 kB
- P102: Oct 2018 - Mar 2019 97.39 kB
- P103: Apr 2019 - Sep 2019 86.59 kB
- P104: Oct 2019 - Mar 2020 75.13 kB
- P106: Oct 2020 - Mar 2021 99.3 kB
- P107: Apr 2021 - Sep 2021 32.33 kB
- P108: Okt 2021 - Mar 2022 33.81 kB
- P109: Apr 2022 - Sep 2022 32.8 kB
- P110: Oct 20122 - Mar 2023 32.62 kB
- P111: Apr - Sep 2023 33.01 kB
P105: no observations