Finding articles and journals
In astronomy, the first place you will look for an article is the SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS):
If you visit ADS from the institute network, publisher articles for which the MPG in general or MPIA specifically has a licence will automatically be accessible to you. If this does not lead to success, here are some
Further possibilities for article search/retrieval
- the MPG's Electronic Journals Library lists all electronic journals licenced to the MPG
- the MPG's Journal Index lists all journals (electronic and print) held by any Max Planck Institute
- the MPG/SFX Service combines various data bases (including the powerful Web of Science) to help you find a particular article
- the HEIDI catalogue lists holdings by the Heidelberg University library and institutes, including ZAH (ARI, LSW, ITA)
- the Zeitschriftendatenbank (literally "Journals Data Base") lists holdings of German libraries (web site in German only)
In case of questions, please do not hesitate to contact the MPIA librarian, Ms. Kronenwett (contact information top right).
Some additional information you might find useful
- Archived journals at the MPIA (PDF) - those journals you will find in our library archive (first floor, room 240/241)
- Library Press Display - access to 2200 newspapers from 97 countries in 54 languages
Journals licensed for MPIA
Please note that access to the full texts of journals licensed for MPIA is only possible with IP addresses of the institute.