Head of Administration
Phone: +49 6221 528-230
Administrative management and support of the board of directors, its interests and scientific projects.
Individual areas of responsibility:
- Organization, supervision and control of all administrative activities. Coordination and planning of administrative processes, organizational development.
- Budget representative, including preparation and implementation of budget plans, as well as financial resource management for institutional and project-related funding.
- Coordination of budget estimate preparation.
- Supervision of budgetary and economic management of the institute in regard to compliance with budgetary rules and other regulations.
- Advice and support in legal and organizational matters, in difficult administrative tasks, financial, personnel and procurement questions.
- Administrative support of national and international involvements and large projects, especially for outer space projects. Design, evaluation and controlling of contracts and their budgets.
- Commercial management and coordination of the German partner company of the Large Binocular Telescope (LBTB).
- Commercial management of the Haus der Astronomie(HdA).
- Property and building management, including the coordination of all structural concerns.
- Representative of the directors in all works council matters.
- Consultant and support function in the areas of health, fire prevention, occupational and environmental safety.
- Deputy of the managing director in occupational safety committee meetings.
- Representative of the institute toward third parties and to the Max-Planck Administrative Headquarters in all administrative and legal matters.